Thursday, May 7, 2009

Peter turns 1!








April 24th was Peter's first birthday. It's hard to believe time has gone by so fast! He is crawling and walking along furniture and while holding hands. He loves being outside and is a typical boy when it comes to making messes and liking to get dirty. He is happy and smiles all the time. We also learned after the cupcake consumption that he is a huge fan of sweets. I mean, who isn't in this family, but I had no idea he was capable of eating a whole cupcake in under 5 minutes. He had fun opening presents, with Ella's help of course. Ella had been so excited about Peter's birthday and every time a package came in the mail, she said, "It's a present for Peter! Let's open it!" I would say, "No, Peter's birthday is next week, we have to wait." So when the day finally came, I said, "Ella, it's Peter's birthday!" And she said, "No, next week." Then I said, "Tonight is the birthday party and we can open some gifts when he wakes up from his nap." About 2 seconds later, she said, "Is Peter awake yet?" She was more excited than he was I think. I had fun making the cake, but learned my lesson about eating batter. It made me sick for about 3 days with some kind of food poison that I had to get medicine for since being pregnant made it worse.  The cooked stuff was just as good and from now on, I'll stick to that. Aunt Renee and Cousin Levi were here for Peter's birthday too, which was so nice. Well, Peter's 1, and going to be a big brother and the only thing he knows about babies is that he wants to poke them in the eyes. We'll be working on that over the next few months. Until then, he'll just be his chubby little eye-poking, hair pulling self, and I love him anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment