

The month has gone by and it seems like every day I think of things to put in the blog, but don't get around to it. Aunt Bekah came for a visit from August 9-15 and we had fun with her here. The kids made a habit of visiting her in the morning while she tried to get ready for her day. They sure enjoy company and Peter has said "Bekah" a few times since she was here. We have also been able to see Kasey quite a bit this month and the kids love it when she comes to see us too! Not to mention, I like the company just as much, if not more than they do :). I finished up baby sitting this month and the past week I have had to really think of things to do during the day, when before, leaving just wasn't much of an option. Both have their up and down sides. I got more done staying home, but it's fun to take the kids out. It's been so hot and humid here, but it's finally cooling off, and I pray it lasts. I'm over summer and ready for fall. While the month goes by quickly in terms of the date, some days I feel drag on forever. The kids are very busy and I am getting more tired as time passes. Peter is taking 1 nap now, and sometimes it's still pretty short. I think he dislikes sleep, as Ella usually sleeps for 2-3 hours in the afternoon and all night too. He's up sometimes at 6:30am and I don't like the hours before 7am much at all. He's a talking machine and it's so fun to hear him learn to say new things every day. Last night he said, "Pop pops" while talking to my dad on the phone and he pretty much repeats every word he can from Ella. She's been a good teacher and praises him when he says a new word. They have become friends and I love watching them play together. Sometimes it's fighting, but that's only normal. Yesterday, Ella tried to get in the play car with Peter and there was not enough room. I told her to stop pushing him and let him have a turn, but he took matters into his own hands by pushing her over and slamming the door shut. I guess sometimes they have to learn from each other too. He's quickly learning to hold his own and I find myself saying, "you two stop it!" a lot these days. Today, Ella told me, "I don't need lunch Mama, just chocolate." Ok, so what am I supposed to do about how cute that is? I did not just give her chocolate, but she's pretty cleaver to try I'll give her that much. She is saying all kinds of funny things lately. "Mommy and Daddy are potty trained just like Ella!" is one of my all time favorites. Peter repeated "Love you" yesterday and I remember when Ella first started to do that, my heart skips a beat and I don't want to put them down.
Peter has a new haircut! Andrew and I held and clipped his hair about 2 weeks ago and he seems to like getting it washed a lot better. I think it helps to keep him cool too outside. He's getting so grown up, I just want to bottle this time and save it. We spent some time at the park the other day. Peter and Ella love the park. It's hard for me to take them there because I have to climb all over and keep up with them in the heat, but soon they can go more as it will cool off and Peter can climb more on his own. I am 30 weeks pregnant this Saturday and it's hard to think about still having 10 more to go. The baby moves a lot and I like to feel him kicking around, but I'd like more to meet him in person. Still deciding on a name...it might be a while.
I'd better get to bed and attempt a decent night sleep as that is getting harder too :).







No comments:
Post a Comment