



Well, on March 18th, a day after coming back from California, Peter asked to sleep out of his crib. I thought, well, when Ella did this, it meant she was ready and we gave her a chance...things went smoothly. Peter has proven that this may take a few more tries than one. The first day was well, probably because it was new and exciting. Ella said, "Good job Peter, you slept on the floor next to me!" Next night, he kept getting up and playing, so I told him he would have to go back in his crib if he got up again. So, even though I didn't want to do it, I put him back in his crib. He was not happy. We'll try again tomorrow. Naptime went well, as pictured, he was fast asleep and cute as ever, but that night was rough again. I figured, he's on the floor, maybe we should just get him a toddler bed and settle this, so he can feel like he's a big boy and has a bed like Ella. I'm pretty sure he realized quickly that a toddler bed is not a twin bed. However, we can't fit 2 twin beds and a crib in their room. Even Ella calls Peter's bed, "the little tiny bed." Oh well, he's going to have to deal for a while.
So, Andrew's family was here visiting on the 19th-21st and during one of their naps, Ella had to go potty. I was at the store and Andrew had gone outside quickly thinking they were asleep. They were not. I came home from the store and Andrew's not so quick outdoor venture to find Ella on the toilet with a tube of chapstick in her hand and streaks of it all over her legs. Peter, decided to follow her in his un-cribbed freedom and make a huge mess of q-tips. Here they are pictured with Peter hoping to bust a childproof cap on a bottle of 400mg capsules of Ibuprofen. Geez!! I went outside and got Andrew without telling him why to SHOW him what HIS children had been up to while he thought they were sleeping. Then, I got the camera.
Back to the story...another chance for Peter...for about 2 weeks now, every afternoon I have had to go back up more than once and even sleep on Ella's bed (she sleeps in the gust room for naps to avoid playing too much) to get Peter to go to sleep. Note*I put all the kids down at the same time to save my sanity*
It's now April 10th (I'm writing this in retrospect) and Peter is in his crib tonight. Oh, the other thing he started doing is deciding that messing his diaper right after we put him down to sleep is another way to insure company shortly after being left alone. So, Peter boy, you are a little wild man and your Dad and I think we may have made a premature decision to be excited about your toddler bed. It may be a few days before we try this again, depending on how things go between now and then, weeks. You're too smart and tricky.
No comments:
Post a Comment