My kids can absolutely not wait until tomorrow night when Daddy has the much anticipated sleep over in the living room with their new sleeping bags, which they have so adequately named "sleepovers." "Is it Thursday yet?" Is all I keep hearing from the anxious little ones. Well it's finally here my pretties. And do you want to know where I want to be nestled? All snug in my own bed I tell you! But you know where I will probably be? On the floor in my very own much to flannely "sleepover" next to 2 snoring boys, 1 excited girl and a baby in a pack n' play. Our first Christmas camp out. I will let you know how it goes.
The kids are getting new Christmas jams each year and you bet there will be an annual pictures until I can no longer force them without payment of some sort. Gymboree happened to be having an amazing black Friday sale and with an extra coupon (Thanks Aunt Renee), we scored big for little that day.
The Resident's Auxillary has a brunch with Santa each year. This year Andrew mistakenly told Ella where we were going and she cried all the way there saying, "I don't want to see Santa, you can't make me see him, I won't sit on his lap." Finally I'd had enough and I yelled back to her, "He doesn't want to see you either so knock it off!!" Well, it helped a little, but John, the lone sucker with no say had to have his picture on the lap of a poser who did eventually scare him once their eyes met. Ah well. We don't make a big deal about Santa around our house anyway. But, since the kids have encountered their share of them this Christmas season, Ella so kindly pointed to a man bearing a white beard and stocking cap in TJ Maxx the other day and said, "Look Peter, Santa is in this store too!" He wasn't trying to be Santa, just a late Christmas shopper and his wife thought it was quite humorous. As did I, I'm not going to lie, I laughed out loud. For a long time.






Ella is so hilarious! I love all these stories of her and her antics! Keep them coming. I agree with the Santa thing...you can't make me see him! You can't make me sit on his lap! haha, that's a good one.
ReplyDelete