This year, since we had family in town, we did a small party for Ella and John. I am thinking that I may not do this again, join their parties. It was fun, but I felt torn with how to do it for a 2 year old and 5 year old. Boy and Girl. Next time, we will do one early, and one later. The kids had a nice time, and we spaced out opening their gifts during the week so it wasn't so overwhelming. Thank you to all of you who sent and gave gifts. I think this year will be the first year I teach Ella how to write thank you cards. She needs to learn at some point that life is not all about electronics and verbal affirmations. The lost art of sending a real card is something I plan to fix in my house. John did a great job thanking each person and since he's so little, just know he's grateful. Princess and Buzz Lightyear cupcakes were the choice for this party. I bought turquoise as a neutral color for plates and cups and hung lanterns from the ceiling just to spice it up. Also because my sister took me into Party City for my first time ever which was a huge mistake. I never knew you could do so much for a party. I'm also really indecisive so we spent over an hour in there just browsing the crazy amounts of theme ideas. Landing on the obvious picks for both Ella and John, we left with deciding to tone it down to just cupcake toppers. It was a nice night and we all had fun.
The annual mom and dad with birthday child photo. This time we are wearing the same outfits since it's the same night. Easy.
















No comments:
Post a Comment