Sunday, April 5, 2009









Dear Peter,
You gain my affection more and more every day. Those big hazel eyes could knock any woman off their game and you are becoming more aware of that I think. Your silly little laugh and your sad, very pitiful cry have this Mommy coming to your attention all the time. It has been almost a year since you were born and while napping is not your strong point, I have loved every minute of life with you in our family. You love to eat, now that you have a lot of teeth, the more variety, the better. Ella has a great time feeding you, though half the time, she loves it better when you share what's on your tray. You are a good sharer so far, but I think when you get old enough to realize what she's up to, you may change your mind about putting your fat little hand out to hers and plopping in your last yogurt bite. Almost crawling! We keep hoping every day as you get closer and closer that your body will move on all fours, but a few face plants in the hardwood floor have got you a little less than excited about it. Daddy calls you a "Mama's boy," but you know what, I love it. You cuddle with me when you have your bottle and right before you sleep and I would not trade that for anything other than a "Mama's boy." Daddy says already that he's excited to show you about hunting and fishing. I say your a little young for a BB gun, but that Daddy thinks you'll be smart enough next year to shoot the neighbor's bad little dogs. Not my idea of hunting, but then maybe you can play in the yard in peace. :) Just kidding. I was thinking the other day about how your name Peter means "rock." It's been so fitting for you in particular because you just like to sit like a rock on the floor and play with your toys. If one gets away, you put your arms out and wiggle your hands until I, or Ella get it for you. You are steady and planted in place, just like a big rock. Someday, when that changes for you, I hope that it will mean something deeper, but for now, I think it's funny. You are a special and wonderful son and I love you very much. 


Dear Ella,
Yesterday was a big day for you. I wanted to write all of this down then, but the day did not allow for it. You slept in the "big bed" for the first time! It is something you have wanted to do for a while now, pointing at the bed and always trying to get in it, but I guess I just wasn't ready for that step in life. I didn't know that was the reason until last night around 10pm I went in to check on you and while you were fast asleep horizontal in the bed, you looked peaceful as ever. I, however, went back to my "big bed" and cried. I told Daddy that I could not believe how fast time was going by and how silly it was for me to be in tears over you sleeping in a big bed, but that's just what Mommy's do sometimes. You are getting so big and Daddy and I are so proud of you and how you are turning into such a nice little girl. I'm glad you don't take after my toddler days, at least not yet. Your energy and love for life are contagious, even when I just want to lay on the couch and relax, your squealed question, "wanna chase me?" could make me hop up in an instant. You take such good care of Peter and have recently loved to help "seed" (feed) him, which is messy, but so great. Your favorite thing to hear us play is "Jesus me" (Jesus loves me) and you ask for it often. I am attempting to teach you the ABC's and I love hearing your interpretation of it. Maybe they should just invent a new song and dedicate it to you. Tonight you helped Daddy plant peas in the backyard. You're already a more experienced gardener than I am. I haven't even "thrown" seeds in the ground as well as you did. You are a smart, silly, and sweet daughter and I love you very much. 


1 comment:

  1. I am blessed..Isaiah 44:3-5 "I will give you abundant water for your thrist and for your parched fields. And I will pour out my Spirit and my blessings on your children. They shall thrive like watered grass, like willows on a river bank. 'I am the Lord's, they'll proudly say" God is so faithful...love Bamma

    ReplyDelete