Friday, March 27, 2009






We had a nice weekend off with Andrew home and our date trip to Home Depot :). This week I was by myself all but Thursday night, and now Andrew is on-call again tonight and Sunday. I am looking forward to next week already because maybe I will see my husband again! He took Boards Step 3 in Harrisburg on Wed & Thurs so now that it's over, he can rest a little easier. I started babysitting my friend's 3 month old this week. I will be doing it for 3 days a week until he gets a little older to go into daycare. It was really not too bad since he naps a lot still and the kids like having a baby around. Ella is such a mom when it comes to babies. She was right next to him getting him toys and putting her blanket on him and sharing her dolly and ducky. These three items are precious to Ella, so sharing them is a big deal. Peter just liked to watch him and I had to keep him from touching his head because he seemed to want to do that a lot. The first day I had him (Wed) we had some bank trouble that needed to be dealt with and I had to drag all 3 of them in the bank. What a sight. I got all kinds of crazy looks from people and I had to explain that they were not all mine about 10 times. "You've got your hands full," is what I heard the whole time. Luckily it was fast and I don't plan to have to do that again. 
Peter is eating all kinds of things now, but he has learned that he can hold onto the spoon with his teeth, so that's what he's doing in the picture here. Ella wanted to show us that she could do it too, so I took her picture. 
The kids are both enjoying the kitchen (Ella still calls it a "chicken"). She got an apron for Christmas and the day I took the picture, she was wearing ONLY the apron! She's so silly. She still doesn't like me to take her picture all that much, but sometimes I can convince her by yelling silly things or playing peek a boo with the camera. 
I plan to get out this weekend, not sure what I'll do, but I would like to get some supplies to plant flowers and Snap Peas. We'll see how this goes, seeing as how I know nothing about planting and the last thing I had was a cactus and I killed it. Then I heard that "It's almost impossible to kill a cactus," yeah right. I have the black thumb of death. 

No comments:

Post a Comment