Saturday, October 3, 2009

Ella Buzz








She sure keeps me moving and chatting...
Ella is almost 3 years old (Oct 18th) and I can't believe how fast time is going by watching her grow into a little girl. She loves all things outdoors and even tells me when a bee comes near, "I promise it will go away Mommy, don't swat it." (That's what she heard Andrew say). About 3 times a week her quotes grace my Facebook account and I am always getting told how funny and witty she is. Just today I was talking to Andrew about getting food on his way home from hunting, but he told me he didn't have any cash. I relayed this message to Ella and she said, "Mommy, you need to buy Daddy some cash." She told me the other day that she likes to make me laugh and kept repeating what it was that made me laugh in the first place. She is very excited about my growing belly. She keeps saying, "I think I hear the baby, he's kicking like this (she kicks her legs out), I really like your baby boy in your belly." She's excited to have a new baby brother which makes me excited for her.  She and Peter get a long most of the time, but when they fight, they could really make me crazy. It's almost always over some toy that the other one has and is playing contentedly with. I guess this is to be a part of my life for sometime, but the phrase, "Share and be kind" is sure getting repeated these days. Ella takes advantage of the fact that Peter says no to everything and when she asks him if he's done with his milk or snack and he says no, she takes the liberty to finish it for him. I ask her what happened and she said, "He didn't want it!" (With a smile). Sneaky little one I tell you. She has learned how to sing almost all of "Jesus loves me" and many short phrases of other songs that she jumbles into her own special song. I have had to keep telling her to sing quietly when we are driving because she gets louder and louder as her chorus goes on. I love to hear her sing and see her dance to music. She still says, "Hokey hokey" instead of hokey Pokey and I will never correct her because it's just too cute. I am learning what it is like to choose my battles and let her make her own decisions sometimes, even though this is hard for me because I think I should still be able to just do it for her. These days she talks a lot in third person and her favorite thing to say is, "Ella will do it ALL BY HERSELF." Wow. Ok. So I guess every day is a learning experience for us as parents and we have had more discipline discussions already than I expected by this age. Well, as my funny little girl is rattling off numbers and ABC's, I am soaking up the moments when she asks me to sit with her or hold her hand or tells me she loves me SO much. I can't get enough of her laugh and I pray that she will continue to sing "Jesus loves me" and someday understand how much He really does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment