Sunday, October 25, 2009

New Arrival!

Baby John Lewis Cornelius
October 21, 2009
6lb 9oz 20 inches

As with both the other kids, I walked this baby out after about 3 days of contractions. He came 2 weeks and 3 days early, but he is healthy and doing well. Jonathan and Katie were here and able to meet him before flying back west. Katie walked with me for 2 afternoons and I guess the second walk and another one that evening with Andrew finally convinced him that it was time. By 9pm on the 20th, I was in the hospital ready to have an epidural and my water broke. The labor went slower than with Peter, but nothing too much to complain about. The delivery was more pain than I wish I had felt because they came to put more meds in right before I pushed and they didn't kick in right away. He was born at 2:59am and a healthy little screamer they put right on my belly and all the pain seemed to fade. For then at least :). Ella and Peter are thrilled about him, Ella tries to help with everything. Peter says, "Baby" all the time and enjoys pointing out his facial features. Andrew and I have had the past few days adjusting to a family of 5, as he took his paternity leave and then had the weekend off. I'm glad it worked out this way for us. It's been a good way to see how things will be. God has been so good to provide us with 3 healthy, beautiful children. I could not imagine our lives without baby John already and the next few years of raising 3 small children will be adventurous to say the least.











7 comments:

  1. congratulations! He is a little guy. I love the knit bunting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Congratulations, Danielle! He's absolutely adorable... you two make cute ones! :) 2 weeks early... I always dreamed of that! Enjoy these brand new floppy newborn days. ~Amanda B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! He is such a gorgeous little guy! What a blessing to have three beautiful healthy kids. I am glad the delivery went well and I hear ya on the pain meds not kickin in. The pain is definately worth it though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you have 3 kids now! I feel so far behind! j/k Your family is beautiful. I think with you having 3 now, it makes me feel like I should be able to handle 2 pretty soon. I'm a little nervous though!* Congratulations*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! He's just precious! I was wondering when he was going to make his arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's a cutie! Can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pics of Peter and Ella with John are just precious! You have such a beautiful family and I am so glad that Labor and delivery went well! Congrats and good luck adjusting to three little ones!! I'll be thinking of you tons and I look forward to updates on your blog but I have a feeling those won't be very often for a while! :)

    ReplyDelete