Monday, October 18, 2010

Can't believe she's 4

Back when Ella was born I thought it was normal for a baby to want to eat every hour and half, only sleep when held, and make rest seem like a thing of the past. She was the firstborn and good thing for that because I don't think I could have handled it if I had another kid to take care of while caring for her. Over time things got better and I read up and asked advice only to learn that she, at a young age, knew I was a total chump. Anything for my girl I thought, just keep her happy. Well, over the years, she can still get me to bend over backwards, but she's learned manners and has more boundaries to keep us all happy. Ella has been an amazing big sister to both of her brothers and a wonderful daughter to Andrew and I. We see so many things in her personality that make us laugh and go nuts at the same time. She's got a lot of energy-that's Daddy, and she's stubborn and opinionated- um, yeah, that's Mommy. She's also very determined and task oriented- Both of us combined share that good, yet unfortunate at times trait. She loves to be around friends and always wants to know what's next- also a shared parental commonality. I love the way she makes up words and has drawn out conversations on her play phones. Some of the funny things she says:
Pabana- Banana
Squeezer- Go Gurt (yogurt)
Impameal- Oatmeal
Princerella- Princess
Lesternight- Last night or yesterday
Nilla Wipers- Nilla Wafers
Pacheetos- Cheetos Chips

Those are just a few, but Ella is funny. She has been quoted many times and is sure to get a laugh when she comes up with silly reasons for why she does things. Or when she's trying to get Peter to do something, the ways she tells him how and why are hysterical. She told him the other day that "God made him special and loves him very much, and Jesus lives in Alaska." She is showing her heart for the God more as time goes on, and I only hope this grows as the years pass. Even though she will not attend AWANA without her brother (she calls it Hawana), I know it's not because she doesn't want to learn about God, but because Peter can't go yet. She says she will go next year when Peter is old enough to go too. She is getting to learn her letters and points out every "E" she sees. And I mean EVERY E. Her memory is like glue. I can't believe the stuff she brings up from literally, years ago. She wants  a little sister and although I am not sure we will do anything about this, I like that she knows she is different from her brothers and when she and Mommy get to do things, it's special. I would not trade her for the world, and just for the record, she could still eat every hour and a half if I let her and it involved snacks :).



1 comment:

  1. what a cutie. Her personality sounds so similar to Asher's. They would be good friends if we lived near each other. I love the very last picture. I am sure she keeps you guys laughing a lot...and wanting to scream sometimes too! ;)

    ReplyDelete