No pictures this time, just a quick little blip about today. I am up very early to ensure a shower before we fly to Alaska later. Of course the one morning I get up super early, after being awake most of the night because of a loud storm, the kids are still fast asleep. Peter is in my bed, right in the middle, where he thinks he belongs. It was just about the most un-restful night I have had since having a newborn. I have things to look forward to today at least. We fly through Minnesota and Seattle, two of my favorite airports, to be greeted by my parents and my brother because now we require 2 cars for pick up. Ridiculous. It is super cold in Anchorage and according to the forecast, that doesn't seem to be changing too soon. I hope I packed accordingly for all of us. I ended up with 2 pieces of luggage because now that the kids are getting bigger, I can't fit everything into 1 anymore. Oh well, it's worth bringing a few extra warm things. And lots of knitting too :). I am really looking forward to seeing family this week and next and spending Thanksgiving with some of my family I haven't seen in 5 years. I wish Andrew could come, but he's on call for 5 of the nights we're gone and then leaves for 4 of them to Orlando. It's good timing for us to be away. The kids can't wait to go to the airport, I even had to make a chart for the fridge since the day I told them we were going 2 weeks ago. "X's mean not today, the big circle around the 17 means yup, here we go!" Peter keeps looking at it and saying, "when we get to the circle, I get to see my Levi boy." The kids love their cousins. Well, I drive out with them in about an hour, so I should go. Here's to driving, kids songs for over an hour, a much-required Starbucks pit-stop, not forgetting anything, and boarding 3 different planes with 3 little kids and not losing my mind before we reach our final destination. Love to you all, pray we stay safe.
ps. yes, this is very last minute and we've only known about going to AK for about 2 weeks. My mom wanted to fly us up there, so after much hesitation about flying in the winter with the kids by myself, I booked the tickets. My friend Kasey is helping us in Harrisburg today (thank you!), and we will be off around noon. We arrive around 9pm tonight. I will dole out snacks and medicine as needed :).
No comments:
Post a Comment