It was nice yesterday, we played outside for the afternoon. Today however, it is cold, wet and yucky. The kids woke up and said, "Why is it rainy again? Why is everything tipped over in the yard?" Two very good questions. I would also like to know why. I only know the answer to the second question. The wind. It howled all night long, slapping rain against our windows with a vengeance. It looks like our week may stay wet, but we went out to the library song time and to a friend's house for lunch despite the weather. Peter loves his fire man coat and calls my van the fire truck when he wears it. Ella has fun carrying her flower umbrella when it rains so today I took the camera out in the wet and caught some of their expressions. I love how kids can take a situation that makes us think it's going to be a gloomy day and turn it around for some fun, bright pictures.
Weather is a great metaphor for life - sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad, and there's nothing much you can do about it but carry an umbrella. ~Terri Guillemets





No comments:
Post a Comment