Well, in one of my earlier posts, I mentioned making noodle necklaces with the kids. They had fun doing that for sure. I added a little element to help take up a few more minutes, that was to color the noodles before putting them on the string. Peter's little chubby fingers were having a hard time with this task, so he gave up and just used them on the string. He didn't want his in a necklace, but pretended he was fishing off his chair. I love his imagination. Ella had a great time coloring her noodles with the green marker. She had it all over her fingers, but no big deal. We still have it hanging up for her to wear when she wants. They ended up playing with the dried noodles by putting them in pots and pans for their kitchen. I have been finding noodles all over, and John is very good about bringing them to me if he finds one. He thought at first to put them in his mouth, only to discover they didn't taste so good. So yes, a fun and very cheap project for the afternoon.
Some of you know that back in February I went on a little outing and got my nose pierced. Yes it hurt, in case you cared. My right eye watered for a good minute. Since high school I have wanted a nose ring. Dad said no, mom said if I did it, she would too. So I didn't. Not even in college because my Grandpa would have flipped and after college I worked in schools and at a fabric store. Not the greatest places for a nose ring. Anyway, I thought, my job is in my home and my husband thinks it would be cute, so let's give it a try. Ella thought it was great. She even said, "Mom, I like the earring in your nose!" John always tried to touch it and would say, "ooohhh." If you have ever been close enough to me, you have probably noticed that I have a small nose. Well, not really caring before this, but it means I also have small nostrils. When you put a piece of metal in small nostrils, you notice it more than you should. I felt like a rabbit because I was aware it was in there and wiggled my nose. Then, twice I got a red bump next to the ring. I guess you can call me vain if you want, but I wasn't willing to have red cysts as a result of something I did to myself and that could be removed. So, after a little time of trying ointments to get the redness to go away, only to fail, Andrew helped me remove that little bit of rebellion from my nose. I'm not going to lie, I was a little sad at first. You know what's funny though? There were certain things I felt I couldn't wear anymore because they didn't match my nose ring. Like my nicer blouses. Again, back to the vanity, I have to match. Even if I mismatch on purpose, it has to be intentional. If I'm going to take the time to get dressed, I want to do it right. This has been a trait of mine since age 5. Needless to say, my nose is back to normal. Ella was actually disappointed at first, but I told her if she was 15, she would not have wanted me to have one anyway. No more "cool" mom (as one friend called me). I guess I will have to find other, less painful ways to be cool.
![]() |
| My last picture with the nose ring. |



No comments:
Post a Comment