Thursday, May 5, 2011

Updated Pictures

While Aunt Rebekah was here, we took the kids out to one of their favorite places, The Montour Preserve to throw rocks in the water and get some good pictures of them outside. I had taken Peter, back when he was 18 mos and John was 2 weeks old to try and get his pictures done and it was a disaster. I decided not to repeat this with John and just go outside where I knew he would be happy. Even if it was freezing that day. Got some fun pictures and had a good time in the process.







Bubba, as he is still called is a spirited as they come. Now that he is 3, he tells people that he is "free at last." He's strong willed and loves to have fun. His favorite color is still green, he added red recently. He has a ton of Disney race cars and carries them around all day long. He still loves pickles and will try just about any other food, just doesn't promise to like it. Peter loves to cuddle and always when he wakes up wants to be held. He is really into books right now and knows how to spell his name. "P-T-R with 2 E's." I get asked almost daily if he and Ella are twins, that's how much he's grown this past year. He is learning to ride a bike with training wheels, which frustrates his more than anything, but he's working on it. Peter loves coloring and baking with us. If we do anything at the counter, he pulls the chair up almost immediately. He is a good helper. 




John Lewis is quickly getting his own personality. He can say all kinds of things, Ella, Bubba, Mommy, Daddy, shoes, pants, shirt, yogurt, binket (blanket), please, his version of thank you, "mow you" (i love you), cher-yos (cheerios), milk, juice, bread, cracker, teeth, brush, stuck, help, play and his favorite-no. He tries to say almost anything you ask him to these days. He still loves to be held and just gave up his bottle (yes, I know, but he has an under bite so my concern for his teeth didn't matter and I love holding him). He drags his blanket everywhere and gets a little upset when I leave it at home, which I have been doing more these days. He climbs everything, he tried to climb my friend's shelf yesterday. He wants to do everything like Peter and Ella and has recently taken to not wanting help eating at all. If he's not sure about you, he will put his chin down and look up at you with his huge blue eyes until he warms up, if he ever does. He sits in the back seat with Ella and dances to music like she does, claps his hands and laughs a lot. I have almost swerved the car just trying to see everything he's doing back there. He is our baby no doubt, and I intend to hold onto his every moment because these days are passing too quickly. 


Ella is quickly becoming the little mama. I hear her say things like "I have told you too many times, I will not tell you again," and "You're going to be in time out if you don't stop." She is good to her brothers most of the time and really likes to teach them things. She has mastered writing her name and keeps wanting me to write things that she can trace in her little "checkbook." She still says "toodle" and "poodle." For tool and pool. I love this about her. She has a kind heart and really loves feeling like she just accomplished something. She talks about church and friends all the time. She also loves to read books and is very into princesses right now. It is amazing to watch her mature as time goes on and I am excited for her to start pre-school because I think she will love it. I'm pretty amazing at all I see God doing in her heart right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment