This past week has been draining. It was very busy, and just when I thought we would have a nice weekend away with Andrew while he's working out of town, another kid came down with a fever. It's hopefully being slept off right now so we can make it to church tomorrow, but I feel so bad for my kids when they're sick. I, too, was sick this week. By 4:30am on Thursday (thank goodness not a preschool day) I got the flu and could barely move myself downstairs with the kids at 7am. Of course it had to be the day my prayers were answered that they would get back on this time zone. Oh well. It's over now and they were so good for me all day. We watched Toy Story 1 and 2 and stayed in pajamas till bedtime. I love seasons, but I really get tired of winter illnesses. Just when you think you're in the clear, BAM! Another one bites the dust. Enough about that, spring will come soon. Right?
I had been wanting to show some more pictures of our time in Oregon before I get back into my somewhat regular posting. I have started into my book of our blog on the computer and I'm hoping to finish it before my kids graduate high school. It's going to take a while, let's just say that.
So, in our excitement to visit Oregon, Andrew sent out a message about having friends to his house a few days after we arrived. There was a nice showing of guests and we all had a great time catching up with each other. The kids played well together and we enjoyed seeing them interact. It was nice for Andrew especially since he hadn't been home in 2 years.
A few days later we drove over to Medford. The drive from Klamath Falls to Medford is spectacular. The trees alone make you feel like you are just a gnome roaming the forest of everything HUGE. It was snow covered, but not snowing while we drove. We have a favorite restaurant there, called Kalidescope Pizza. It is the twin of a place in Anchorage we also frequent when back. Our friends from college just recently moved back to the town and it was so fun catching up with them. I have loved that even when we haven't seen people in 10 or so years it doesn't feel that way. We are blessed to have some really neat friends in our hometowns and here are some of the pictures from our time with them.
The boys were tuckered out on the drive back to Klamath. They just looked too cute in their matching flannels not to take their picture.












No comments:
Post a Comment