![]() |
| Hangs over the stove and I love the brick in the background. |
This past week I have been having a lot of fun with hearts. We did some fun painting projects and I got to use lots of glue. Michaels was having a sale on scrapbook paper and since I'm not really a scrapper, I decided that special projects could still warrant the ability to purchase the very fun parchment. I saw an idea on Pinterest that met my fancy since I have lots of old books I bought at a library sale years ago. This is what I made with my goods. Now, I will say, in order to make a valentine project, one may want to choose books that would have appropriate words. By this I mean, do not choose books from 1956 about a war on Indians. I actually had to proof read my pages after cutting them since there were very un-politically correct words like "savages" all over them. Mostly huge sections on people dying and being buried by homes. This posed a giant problem for me and I was up until 11pm working on this banner.
Choose something more along the lines of Pride and Prejudice.
If you are my sister or you married my brother, or you married Andrew's brother, or you are Andrew's sister, you will be getting one of these in the mail soon!
All I did was cut out the page, made the V in the paper, glue the heart on, fold the paper over some yarn and staple it. Simple. Happy Bannering!
![]() |
| Up High... |
![]() |
| Down Low... |
![]() |
| Little boy! Hold out that heart! |
As you can see, I had a bit of trouble getting #3 to do what I asked with his handprint heart. Oh well. He's trying. The kids had a lot of fun getting paint all over their hands and making these hearts. Just two little prints side by side, help upside down, makes a heart shape. Another idea follow through from Pinterest.
This is as original as they come.
Ella gave me this heart today and told me, "I made this for you. It's for THUMBODY special. Get it? Those are my thumb prints!" We laughed together and I told her I loved it and I would hang it right on our cabinet so Daddy could see it too. She's pretty proud of it and so am I. (It explains why her thumb was stained the other day ;)
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.
Psalm 28:6-8
Psalm 28:6-8





No comments:
Post a Comment