Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Decor, Flowers, and one more Sweet Treat


This is my current mantle. I got the picture as a free print out off Pinterest and used a white frame I already had. The egg cups were a gift from my mother in law, the eggs inside them are from TJ Maxx. The egg glass picture is from The English Garden a few years ago, and the branches are off our grapevine out back with little ornaments I found for 25 cents at a garage sale last year. Tonight as we were going to bed, Ella asked me if while they were sleeping, I was going to make a "Happy Easter" banner. I told her probably next year.


These little vintage egg flower things are from a garage sale last year. This is my kitchen sink window.


These little spring chicks are also garage sale finds. Hand painted by a cute elderly lady, I couldn't resist after she told me she painted them herself. My replacement owl, from Target, since the last one bit the stove top via a super bouncy sky ball. And a flower from the neighbors garden that she gave me. 


We were at the home of one of Andrew's co-workers last night and he just had all kinds of lovely stuff growing in the back yard. I pulled out my phone and started taking pictures simply because I am so glad to see color right before Easter. This spring has been just beautiful here. 





Last but not least, I decided to make more sweets. HA! I love rice krispy treats and instead of pressing them onto a pan and cutting squares, I rolled them in balls, and pressed them into a muffin tin and made nests! Ella helped me put the eggs in and I think we are going to take them to church tomorrow to share. Having these, along with the rest of the chocolate eggs in my house is just asking for trouble. 


We are excited for Easter tomorrow. 
All three kids know about finding their baskets in the morning and know that they can't have them until their outfits are on and they are ready to go. We are waking them up at an awful hour to make it to the Sonrise service at 6:30am. Last year, it was a great message and they provide a hearty breakfast afterward. Andrew and I just kept stuff simple this year. They have a few things for their baskets, which are actually tin buckets, and we are having a relaxed day together. These past few weeks have been very busy and we are all ready for some down time. It's really what we should strive to do on the weekends, but we tend to fill them up and go go go. Tonight I set out all of the kids' outfits, then picked out mine. SInce I didn't shop for Easter clothes, I pulled out something I hadn't worn and made an ensemble. The littles interrupted me more than once and asked questions about my choices. Ella finally approved and I sent them all back to bed. Then, as I was coming upstairs, Andrew asked, "Can you please pick out something for me to wear too?" So I guess I'd better do that and get to bed. Early day on the horizon!

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter with family or friends and take time to remember how much you are loved by God.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Easter my friend! It sounds like you are going to have a lovely day tomorrow. :) Hope to see you this coming week sometime. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete