Saturday, August 18, 2012

Catching up with May: Graduation Edition

Among other things I am so behind on in my house, the blog is one of them. I've taken to napping while the kids do instead of writing,  knowing that once school starts again and my routine kicks in life will be different. This summer has been so busy, while enjoyable and relaxing at the same time. How that is, I'm not sure. I'm going backward and starting up with May, where it ended, which is with Ella graduating from Lutz Preschool. That weekend before we took a bike ride with some friends and had a picnic dinner out by the lake. It was a great night for it and it had been way too long since I rode my bike. We all had a very nice time. 



Ella's class did one last outing at the Montour Preserve, one of our already favorite spots to visit. I was alone with the kids, some kids had both parents there as well as a few less siblings :). Every one of my kids managed to get hurt in some fashion, resulting in my asking myself why I didn't go with my gut and get a sitter for "The Brothers."We stayed after and threw rocks in the pond which calmed us all down and made for a nice ending. 




The Graduation was at the preschool this year. I guess in years past it had been at the middle school on the stage where there would've been much more room, but the flood took out the middle school so there we were. In a small room with lots of kids and parents, but it was fun anyway. They sang songs and said a poem. Ella did a great job and made all of us laugh during the "Tootie-Ta" song. I'm so glad I got that on video. It was a bit surreal knowing we would soon send her off to the beginning of her 12 year school career by September, but she is so excited and really loved her teachers and class. 


So amazing how much she changed in less than a year.
Cameron and Ella. They were best buds at school.

"Tootie-Ta!"
Getting her diploma :). Ella said she wanted to be a construction worker.
A few days later she told me, "I should have said something else. I don't really want to do that."
I told her she could change her mind as much as she wants at her age.
Proud Daddy.
Us.
Graduation Poem
Original Author Unknown
Do you remember way last fall
When I was only just this tall?
Now look at me! I'm up to here!
And my, I've learned alot this year!
In fact, you think I'm really great!
That's why I get to graduate!

(The poem the kids did for us)



No comments:

Post a Comment