


My kids are growing faster than I could ever imagine. Seeing them in this truck makes me nervous and excited for the years to come, but more scared for other drivers in the future :). We have survived the weekend with no company and Andrew on-call 2 days. The weather is getting nicer and I am looking forward to more nice days. Right now my mission has been to figure out what to plant in our yard. I'm thinking Snap Peas. I wanted Sweet Peas, but the seed is poisonous, giving symptoms of Scurvy if ingested. I figured I would do without Scurvy in small children for a few years. Not that Ella has been a plant-eater in the past, but Peter might be and I just don't know it yet! Let's avoid all diseases that sound deadly.
Now that the yard is extended back to the carport, Ella has more room to run around, and when Peter decides to become mobile, he will too. As for now, he doesn't seem affected like she does. We have a lot of little projects we want to get done on the house, but they take time and money, 2 things we are lacking right now. So, we'll just dream it up for a little while. The kitchen and bathroom are next after installing Andrew's dream coal stove in the basement to avoid $450 heating bills.
I have been doing more photography lately, which has been fun. Next on my list is to update my website, but I have enjoyed taking pictures for other moms. Ella sees the camera and tells me, "No thank you mom, no thank you." Hey, at least she's polite, but I do miss taking her picture these days. Peter doesn't care yet, so he's my subject of late. His teeth are coming in like crazy, I am praying that this slows down soon. Every other night, I get a good night sleep. Not sure why he does this, but it's been like that for about 2 weeks now.
We've been trying out cloth diapers. To get Ella to wear one at night, we call them her "special undies." Now, she says, "Bubba's peshal undies, Ella's peshal undies, put em on." Ok little boss. This is how she has been lately, silly, but bossy. If she doesn't want Peter to do something, she says, "Bubba, no no, I said, no no." So yes, just like I say it and it's crazy living with an overgrown parrot. She also really likes feeding Peter his little pieces of bread and "fuffs." Puffs. She tells him, "No biting Peter, here's a Bubba piece." Then puts it in his mouth. It has been a lot of fun and mealtime is more enjoyable with Peter's newfound skill of chewing.
Speaking of Peter, he's crying in the monitor and Ella is saying, "Bubba's sad, go bem him."
The weather looks nice there! You don't have any snow-I wish that was the case for us. Can't wait to come see you guys!
ReplyDelete