Just a quick little blurb before we head off on our big summer adventure. We went to the Iron Heritage Festival Parade last night. The kids waited by the door for 30 minutes with their backpacks ready to catch candy and toys! The are starting to really be excited about parades. Ella even thought we were supposed to wear costumes, but I told her that was for the Halloween parade only and her "bone jams" would be way too hot for this one. They had a nice time and the rain held off this year. The past two Heritage parades have been accompanied by one Grandma or the other and Ella said, "Is my Grandma going to be there?" I told her not this year, maybe next year :). We sure are getting excited about heading to the airport tomorrow morning. The kids cannot wait to fly on the airplane. I'm not sure if it's about the new DVD player, all the packed up snacks and books, or just that they are plain giddy about seeing family. Yes, that's totally it. They have been talking about Alaska and Oregon for weeks now. We have all been sick today in one form or another. Just really praying it's over by the morning. Flying with the flu is unbearable when you have 3 kids to look after. Not that I've done that before, but I can just imagine the atrocity. We already get stared at like we are a flyer freak show. Anyway, farewell Pennsylvania for 5 weeks. My friends will be missed, the weather will not and neither will the awful giant bugs. My prayer for this trip is for safety, fun, and lots of great memories with the family. We are so glad Andrew gets to come with us for a week. See you soon!






No comments:
Post a Comment