Friday, July 2, 2010

Washington DC

On June 6, we went to pick my mom up from the airport in DC. We had a fun night there walking around in Georgetown, eating Thai Food, just getting away for the weekend. I was usually walking behind Andrew and I could not help but stare at the chubby little legs dangling from the backpack, crossed so perfectly in front of me. John has great legs! We saw the monuments from afar. Walking with 3 little kids in the heat is not all that much fun. We will do this trip again before leaving the East Coast for sure so we can see more things and the kids may actually care about some of them :). I loved all the colorful apartments and houses in the area. We got to do some shopping and we found a Trader Joes there too! I stocked up on some organic munchies for the road and we headed back home the next day. It's nice to get away and I hope we can do it more after this summer busyness is over! We were all also very excited to spend the next 3 weeks with Gramma Paula!









1 comment: