This past Sunday when Andrew's parents were here, we were able to have Peter and John dedicated at church. Ella had this opportunity up in Alaska back in 2006, when she was about 8 weeks old. Turns out, when you put it off for 2 years and dedicate a 3 1/2 year old and an almost 2 year old, it doesn't really matter. It's never too late. In fact, in some ways it was even more meaningful because we know their personalities. At First Baptist, they print out a nice paper with each child's name on it (I may just ask them to do one for Ella) and use the letters in their name as an acrostic to describe them. I loved how fitting the words were for the boys. I almost cried, but I held it together. The kids behaved well up front and we are glad to have had the chance to do this for our family.
Persuasive ~1 Peter 3:15
Encourager ~ 1 Thess. 5:11
Truthful ~ Ephesians 4:15
Enthusiastic ~ Titus 2:14
Responsible ~ 2 Timothy 2:15
Joyful ~ Nehemiah 8:10
Opportunist ~ Ephesians 5:16
Honest ~ Ephesians 4:25
Noble ~ Acts 17:11
If you know my children, you know why I would smile at these words.
They are perfect.



OH my word... love your shirt :)
ReplyDelete