Thursday, December 1, 2011

Giving in Joy


Again for the 4th year, we participated in Samaritan's Purse Operation Christmas Child.
We picked out things for a boy and a girl age 7-10. I usually pick things for kids that are the same age as mine, but this year I thought it would be fun to get something I don't usually get to pick out. The kids and I had a nice time at Wal-Mart picking out useful and fun things for children who otherwise may not be able to have them. Toothbrushes, soap, band aids, jump rope, race cars, markers, paper and a few other things. It's pretty amazing to see my kids get excited to send something to a kid who they have been told doesn't have toys like they do. Also for them to understand how to be thankful for the things they do have and not to take them for granted. I love this program and last year they introduced the ability to track your box and get an e-mail when it is delivered about where it went and a little about that town or country. 


If you want more information on this you can get it at: Samaritan's Purse

No comments:

Post a Comment