"The older I get, the more I become an apple pie, sparkling cider kind of guy."
 |
| Wish Peter was a little happier in this picture, he just wanted to keep playing with the toys inside. Oh well. |
"People came from miles around for their cider." ~ Jayne Berger



Back over Thanksgiving weekend, some friends of ours invited us back out to their farm for their son's 5th birthday party. It was one fun day. We got to do something we've never done before. I'm pretty sure Andrew has done it, but I know the rest of us haven't. Use a Cider Press! We saw how you pick the apples out, put them in the top, wind the crank, crush the apples and out comes the juice into a pot. It was really a neat time. And the best cider we've ever had for sure. Before we left the house, I thought it would be cute for all the kids to wear their plaid shirts. Then I remembered I had one too and decided we could ALL wear them. I brought Andrew's down after he saw the kids and his response was, "Are you serious??" Good thing he loves me so much. He put his shirt on and we were all Clad in Plaid. I will only be able to get away with this for a few more years before my kids start ganging up with their dad against me in my efforts to do silly stuff like this.
Thank you to the Reitz's for having us to their party!
Ready...lots of pictures...
 |
| They have a huge dog that John was just enamored with. |
 |
| Peter was in tractor heaven. |
 |
| John loves to be up on Andrew's shoulders so he can see everything. |
 |
| The birthday boy and his dad started us off. |
 |
| Each kids took a turn with the crank. |
 |
| Helping John put in his apple that he so carefully picked himself. |
 |
| John's cup of cider. |
 |
| They stared spotting deer in the fields. |
 |
We all got a ride! The kids who live there
were telling us about how they ride in there and
push the cows back to their pastures and bring the babies back to the barns. So fun! |
No comments:
Post a Comment