Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Using Wool



Aside from traveling and being busy with the general demands of life, I have had a few moments here and there to whip up a few little goodies. I've had a stash of wool felt for a long time now and I am finally making a dent in the pile of colors. It is Moda Wool. I found it years ago in Alaska while at a crafting retreat. At the time I was making a quilt with small circles and needed (one piece :) some wool. The stack just belted out to me in the fabric store in Kenai. Here I am about 7 years later, still finding ways to use it.

I'm also working on dwindling down my yarn and flannel by making hats again and baby cloths too. They are being sold at my friend's shop as well as given as baby gifts. A while ago, I had asked online if anyone had a bike that would be my daughter's size. A friend responded and the only thing she wanted in return for the bike was a baby gift for a friend. Thus, the purple beanie and cloth. I love when trades can work like that. Win. Win. 
I find that making things calms my nerves. Even when every kid is into something in the process, or even trying to help me, when I can stand up and see a finished little tid bit of creativity it just makes me smile. 




For a Bee Changed photo shoot, we put one of the clips I made on this little darling.
Little Mia makes one cute little hair clip model. It worked perfect with the dress :)

For the end of the year, my daughter and I made tote bags for her teachers. Two C's and one A. We used permanent marker to stencil the letters on the outside and put goodies on the inside. She picked out York mint patties for each of them, as well as a Starbucks gift card, stationary with their letter on them and a drawing made by the little one who was giving them.


No comments:

Post a Comment