Monday, June 27, 2011

The best Playground by far...

When we were in Talkeetna, AK for a few days, the kids got to enjoy playing at this playground. It is one of the neatest places I've ever taken them to. It was free, it was outdoors, it was artsy, it was great. The whole community helped with this project. You can read more about it: http://www.talkeetnaplayground.org/
I got some great pictures of each of the kids there, but I'll have to post those later, there were enough of just the park that I don't want to overwhelm. If you're ever looking for a day trip or a great camp out with a funny/quirky Alaskan experience, go to Talkeetna. Good food, amazing food actually, the water, the playground, a bike path for miles, the train within a stones throw, fun gift shops, and historical homes and cabins all around. Oh and I forgot to mention that you can see Mt. McKinley from there, which is what we hoped for, but it was fogged in. Never the less, a fun few days had by all.
A log cabin playhouse.
Every piece of equipment had art on it.
Something having to do with Alaska.

Tiles painted by the locals.
The rock wall with a mural. 
The hippie bus.

Resembling a totem pole, a Native Alaskan artform.
Rock pillars for climbing, they're all solid.

A Birch branch fort. 



Anyway, you get the idea. 
I had fun looking at all the details while the kids played. 

No comments:

Post a Comment