Saturday, June 11, 2011

Memorial Camp May 27-29

My family has been participating in Solid Rock Bible Camp's Memorial Weekend Camp since I can remember. The past 10 years I haven't been able to attend, but this year, my whole family was there together again, plus spouses and offspring. It was a lot of fun. They hold this camp in order to spend a day preparing the camp for summer campers who will be there from June-September. Getting any work done with kids around brings about challenges, but in the end we had a good time and things did get finished.
Of course I had to document the entire two days.

This was our home for a week.
There was an identical one my Dad drove too.

The Fam.

Our whole family was in the group that helped at the waterfront. My brother staining the dock.

Levi helping rake the sand.

Peter looking busy.

Bill staining the other part of the dock.

Jenna...well, holding a sleeping baby is work, right?

Renee staining away.

Andrew helping too.

Mom and John digging grass out of the sand.

Ella always has lots of fun raking.

My Dad helping build a new bench.

John Lewis trying to escape work.

Dad was helping take down the water slide. I will say,  I made him pose like this. 

They helped clear dead trees.

These were all the rakes and shovels used to clean up the area around the buildings.
That's a lot of stuff! I sure looked nice.

Who says "all work and no play?" The kids loved the bungee run when they could just jump in it together.

They climbed up the rock. I don't think I've climbed up that rock since I was 16. 

Peter got about half way in and got scared. That's Peter for you. Thinks  about being daring, then regrets it :)

Ok, this is my brother showing all of us his skills from his new love, P90X. It's a workout he's been doing lately. Here's the yoga portion for your viewing. The kids just kept asking him what he was doing and told him to watch out for the water.

So I mocked him and showed him my pose from Karate Kid.

Ella and John up by the motor homes.

The whole family before we left. 
Last but not least, my niece, Kenzie.
Who doesn't love a fat baby on a stump?


1 comment: