Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Lumberjack, Delivery Boy, and the Star of the Week.

This week so far the weather has been nice and we have had our share of time outdoors. It has also meant that things inside aren't getting done as efficiently, but today I caught up on a lot of that. We have been going through our house getting things together to donate to families who lost their homes in the flood. I am surprised at the kids' heart for helping sometimes. Ella is actually giving away her doll house. Understand that she didn't play with it as much as I would have hoped, but I didn't really think it would be willingly given. She told Peter, "I'm giving this for a girl who lost her toys in the flood." I'm so thankful and proud of her. She even helped me fold laundry today. I'm not ready to give her complete responsibility of this, but she does a really good job with the small clothes. Peter has very recently started playing on his own and using his imagination more. I peek my head in his room sometimes just to hear the stories he's telling his cars and trains. Yesterday outside, he was taking a load of flowers to the "flower hotel" to deliver them. I had to take pictures of him because he was so content to pretend. John is all over the place right now, in a good way. When it's time to eat, he gets in his chair. Time for nap, he grabs his blanket and gets upstairs. He talks like crazy and repeats everything the other 2 say, especially if they're laughing. He comes in the kitchen and says, "Mama, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeese SIT DOWN!" This means that he wants me to stop what I am doing, and hold him. I don't resist. This won't last forever. This is a busy week for us with preschool, MOPS that was rescheduled, a baby shower, and Andrew being on call again for the weekend. That is why today I was in my pajamas until 2pm cleaning, doing laundry, and sorting clothes. Even the kids were dressed and kept asking me when I was going to change out of my jams. I have been meaning to wake up before them again. I did well for about a week. Then I started staying up late reading again and at 6am, my eyes just say no. I need to work harder at this because my days are so much smoother when I get up on my own and don't spend time in my pajamas. That is my goal: go to bed earlier, get up earlier. Now to share some pictures from our afternoon outside. 
Introducing...
The Lumberjack

The Delivery Boy

The lumberjack helping delivery boy. 
Delivery boy who wished he was star of the week.
And the Star of the Week. For school Ella got to take the "ME " bag and share her favorite things and pictures. She filled it up with all kids of stuff. More than I actually knew about. Andrew brings home these funny little wallet sized cards from a patient who gives them out. They are mice, photographed posed in clothing and whatnot, with sayings on them. Think: Dinner for Schmucks. (if you've seen it) The lady is sweet and knows the kids love them, so she keeps giving us more. Well Ella shared them with her class and said, "Mom, it was funny, all the kids laughed." I'm sure they did.
I had to put this in, because I love this bucket. I got it when we first moved here from an antique store and the flowers in it are actually alive, unlike most of the other ones.
Ella wanted to take a picture of me after the flowers were "delivered".

No comments:

Post a Comment