Weapon of Mass Destruction
"It's an intense start to the day when you bring your third born downstairs to find that your first born has literally beat your second born with a tube of Go-Gurt. Unfortunately, it popped open and there was proof of her frustration in his hair, on his clothes, and all over the floor and chair. As I was wiping it off his head, I started laughing at the site it must have been and the fact that his hair was full of pink goo. You can't be serious all the time..."

This was the status the other day on my Facebook. It was no joke and I am still hearing about this incident from my boys. Ella would just as soon forget about it. She says, "I've already told this story too many times." When the kids ate Go-Gurt today, John said, "Dodurt, Bubba's hair!" Well, he didn't have any in his hair today and Ella was banned from tubed yogurt for 2 days. She's eating it the way most people do. From a bowl with a spoon. What a concept. I started buying the healthier kind of Go-Gurt by the way, just in case you think I bomb my kids with sugar first thing in the morning. Anyway, my mom called and said she wished I had a video camera copy of this war with pink goo. I have to say, I wish I did too. The story from Peter, was that he thought she was going to eat 2 tubes and Ella says she was just going to put it away. She got so mad that he was accusing her of something that she just started hitting him. So in the end, one tube ended up wasted anyway!! It was everywhere. I'm not even kidding. It was like my kitchen was a canvas with Go-Gurt as the paint. Oh and Peter too. He was also the canvas. The look on his face when he met me at the kitchen door with his head covered in slime was one I will probably not forget for quite a while. He didn't know whether to cry, laugh, or head for the bath. At that point I really thought it was just on him. Until I rounded the island and saw the destruction. How could that little tube possibly hold this much yogurt and still have more left? Who knows. I spent the first 15 minutes of my morning not getting breakfast for the kids, but getting breakfast off one of them, as well as the chairs, floor, and table. Not the best way to start the day, but looking back and seeing the scene in my head makes me chuckle. I did not give Peter a bath. His hair was sticky and smelled like fruit for the rest of the day. That's one way of smelling good I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment