T-Shirt Scarf/Cowl
This is a fun idea for ways to use old t-shirts that are taking up too much room in the drawer.
I only ended up using 2 shirts for this project, but it turned out so fun that I just may use more and make them as gifts.
(You will have to pardon the setting for these pictures. It's dark outside, kids are finally in bed, and the kitchen is my craft room).
First, lay the shirt flat and measure about 4 inches wide from the edge. This is a raw-edged and very imperfect creation. Don't stress out about making lines perfect. I think it looks very fun with messed up edges. Cut both front and back with scissors up to the armpit of shirt. Then, the middle section will end up the longest of the sections. Use the other edge if you can. Cut off the seams and bottom of the shirt. I got about 6 pieces that were about 4x16 inches from each shirt, so a total of 12 (good math, eh?). This will vary depending on the size of shirt too.
As you can see, the edges are sewn right on top of each other. Not inside, just on top so both sides have edges sticking up. I had about a 1/2 inch overlap of the scraps. Some pieces weren't even the same size so don't worry about them matching perfectly.
It is very long, but when you sew the last edges together if you choose, you can wrap it once to start.
Then wrap it again for a long cowl look.
Or if you want to bunch it up, once you have it on and wrapped up a few times, make it a neck cowl by doing it again. This is so comfortable, I might add. I did it with my kids awake which is a miracle, that's how quick and simple it was.
Have fun!






No comments:
Post a Comment